Thursday 19 June 2014

The *Real* Feminine Mystique...

When I was younger, my mum told me something I thought was ridiculous – or maybe it was simply something I didn’t want to hear. She told me that everything wrong with the world; specifically everything wrong with relationships comes down to women.

According to her, women ruined everything.
At the time I thought she was insane, but as time goes on I understand more and more what she meant and why ‘mother knows all’ (even if she does exaggerate just a tad…).
See, women didn’t ruin everything because of some chauvinistic idea that women are worthless idiots. Nor did they ruin everything because of some ridiculous fundamentalist ‘the-human-body-is-dirty’ idea that women are temptresses whose sensuality has men not being able to act, well – like men.

No, women ruined everything because they forgot who they are. They have forgotten their value and have therefore reduced themselves to objects. Treat yourself as an object –and eventually people will objectify you. They will treat you as a thing to be used. It never fails to shock me when I read commentaries or articles about people lamenting the sexualisation of girls only to praise the ‘freedom’ the sexual revolution gave men and women everywhere in the very next breath.
The sexual revolution did not free mankind, it turned us into slaves: slaves to the false gods of sex, materialism and pleasure.

I am not putting this on women. I am simply stating that as the self-proclaimed ‘fairer sex,’ we can be better, forcing men to follow suit.
Conventional (modern!) feminism (furthermore to be known as ‘feminazism’) tells women that only by being sexually liberated can they truly be free.

I am not a conventional modern day feminist. I believe in intelligent, ambitious women. I believe in education, equal work for equal pay, high heels and make-up. I also believe in class, modesty (the body needn’t be paraded in order to be validated) and chastity (humans are more than simply instinct-driven creatures). Above all, I believe there is no greater gift to mankind than motherhood. There is no job even half as important.
Any woman who considers choosing to stay with your children a form of slavery spits in the face of countless generations of strong intelligent women before them who did just that. This was not necessarily because they were forced, but because they understood what feminazis tried to make us forget: nobody can raise a child better than a mother.

I believe in the power of femininity so much that I believe women (mothers especially!) shape society. Archbishop Fulton Sheen puts it better than I (most people do…):
To a great extent the level of any civilization is the level of its womanhood. When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.
“The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.” Wow.
See, women often complain about the lack of chivalry exhibited by men, but do nothing to entice a man to be chivalrous. Women complain that gone are the ‘real men,’ yet they often settle for the first testosterone-driven crooner who can act as genuinely interested in you as the last ‘flavour of the month.’ In short, women complain that men are pigs who use women, yet they not only allow themselves to be used, but often chase men whose ‘affections’ they know will be short-lived – or worse yet, use men in the same way.

I do not have a doubt in my mind that should women step up, men will be forced to follow suit. Countless heroes have found their principal inspiration and motivation in the love of a woman; and yet femininity is under threat. Women are becoming more crude and masculine; while men are trending toward femininity. I can only consider this a form of barbarity.
Being a woman is not about exhibiting a hatred of men or spending your life throwing pebbles at a glass ceiling – being a woman is about virtue, because only if women recognise their true worth will they be treated accordingly, and only then can society reach the fullness of truth, goodness and beauty.



Winged eyeliner, lipstick and pearls: always perfect with a good book.
Those gloves may make it hard to turn the pages, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment